We are searching for a new Veterinarian to join our team!
WANTED: Two hands to help four paws with a valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Approach with caution: usually accompanied by animal lovers committed to delivering exceptional pet care to feline and canine patients and friendly, compassionate service to their humans. Report all sightings to the local sheriff at Thousand Islands Veterinary Services…
Thousand Islands Veterinary Services is seeking an associate veterinarian to join Dr. Scott Stevenson, Dr. Monika Janssen and their team; Dr. Stevenson is well known in veterinary parasitology and particularly canine Lyme disease, with experience sitting on the CAPC and CPEP councils. TIVS is committed to providing the highest level of care, featuring digital standard and dental radiology, ultrasound, a therapeutic cold laser, and an in-house IDEXX laboratory.
We are very passionate about work/life balance, and as such offer a schedule with no evenings or weekends. We'd love to know what is important to you, so that we can talk about how those needs can be met with you as a part of our team. We are a welcoming, fun-loving, and supportive team, priding ourselves on providing compassionate and empathetic care to pets and the people who love them.
In addition to offering work-life balance and a fun, caring, and collaborative working environment, we are offering a competitive compensation package with industry leading benefits (Health/Dental), Signing Bonus/Retention Bonus, paid vacation, CE and more! If you are seeking a professional home where you are valued and supported while being provided with opportunities to learn and grow, we want to speak with you! New grads welcome, and mentorship opportunities are available!
For more information, please call 613-382-2900 or email: [email protected] to apply.
About the area: Gananoque is right in the heart of the gorgeous Thousand Islands region – a beautiful area that has a small-town feel, but many amenities and schools. If you love water sports, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, snowshoeing, or just being outdoors... Gananoque is the area for you!
- Build rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to and empathizing with their concerns.
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Canada.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
At NVA Canada diversity and inclusion are an important part of our everyday reality. We are committed to fostering an open and inclusive environment where everyone belongs, our people feel comfortable and confident to be themselves and reach their full potential regardless of age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, marital and family status, religion or other belief, culture, sexual orientation or disability.